Wednesday, February 1, 2012
How To Pass A Memory Test
Experts say that the key to intelligence may be the ability to remember many things at once. So, how do we improve fluid intelligence and simultaneously facilitate scientific learning?
1. Remember this name and address:
8925 Central Street
2. Remember these words: shop, common, eat
3. What did you wear yesterday and the day before?
4. List the past five United States presidents.
5. List four state capitals.
7. List four kinds of birds.
8. List four teachers you had in school.
9. Who are the current vice president, secretary of state, and speaker of the house?
10. Write down the three words you were asked to remember at the beginning of the quiz.
11. Write down the name and address you were asked to remember at the beginning of the quiz.
Give yourself 1 point for each piece of information you remembered (count each address line as a point)
If you scored:
27 - 30 Your mind is a steel trap
20 - 26 Yeah, whatever
13 - 19 Uh, what was that again?
0 - 12 Consider a professional evaluation
1. √ (Got it!)
2. √ (Got it!)
3. Salmon, sushi
4. Georgie, Billy, Georgie, Ronnie, Jimmy
5. Clothes, clothes
6. CA, CA, CA, CA
7. Red bird, yellow bird, green bird, blue bird
8. 1st grade teacher, 2nd grade teacher 3rd grade teacher, 4th grade teacher
9. Joey, Hillary, Johnny
10. shop, common, eat
11. John Doe; 8925 Central Street, Boston, MA