Most adults live their lives somewhere between "as if" and "what if" and "if only"... but how often should one employ this Sneak Peek access tool and what should someone do if they find themselves lost somewhere therein?
Language has provided us with an understanding of the use of paradox, suggestions, oxymorons, and so on. But these are all tools and techniques; these are mechanical. Non tangible qualities such as empathy provide us with feedback that fuels, clarifies, and enchants us into higher understandings of self and others.
When deeply reflective type A personality individuals ruminate on language and on the intricacies of the alphabet, the notion of having had lost a bet against stagnant thinking comes to mind. Why must I spend so much time thinking about so many nothings? How does one return to stale, ordinary thinking after one has already thought themselves through labyrinths of paradoxes and nomena out of the phenomena? How does one escape the agon of knowing and not knowing?
The enchantment that arises from having fun feels like a category other than the list of vague and intangible techniques listed above, though this does not distinguish having fun from fascinating an individual.
If we employ a sort of self hypnotherapy as a way of differentiating these Sneak Peek access tools away from their classical forms of dominating our minds, these indirect techniques can empower us to recognize new horizons of significance.
If our self hypnotherapy involves the structure of having fun, we can act out the role of the Magi, Sorcerer, or Goddess from myth and legend (and literature) to induce the state analogous to the sorcerer's magic incantation.
In other words, we can redirect our gaze toward a new object in our self hypnotherapy. We can redirect our gaze toward the object of fun. Most cases of self hypnotherapy send people running into the environing world. More importantly, under what if enchantments. If only I can do this or that, I can experience happiness. In this state whatever is suggested feels like the answer, and thus the motivation for doing all the things that do not produce the desired sensation of having fun or feeling happiness. One can renew their existential meaning of life by ruminating on the results and then feel a sensation akin to happiness, contentment, pride, relief, and so forth, but this is a secondary sensation, one that comes about as a result of what if or if only scenarios playing out as planned.
If one's gaze is directed toward the object of HAVE FUN, then the way in which one plays out the scenarios changes. It becomes more fantasy like. One is not merely painting walls, one is painting a portal to another land or dimension.
Having fun as a final motivation consists of a rather vague notion that some value is to be real-ized. The role of our inner Magi is to create a symbolic horizon that empowers us to achieve this goal. At times the outcomes may be the same, but the experience changes. Think Walter Mitty minus the haplessness.
I would argue that HAVING FUN is a vital part of the essential structure of living a good life. Everyone has some difficulty occur in the course of their lives, but calling upon Athena to fight the good fight while you entertain yourself on the sidelines maintains a healthy barrier between the battlegrounds of our lives and the existential experience of being human.
But what does one do with all the wreckage and emotional carnage that falls on the battleground? The first rule is DON'T PICK IT UP. Leave it be. Give it a proper burial. Not just a symbolic one. By employing our friend language and the alphabet, we can label it into three piles:
- Properly Exposed
- Choosing FUN as one's final objective is not for those who do not enjoy having FUN.
- FUN as a perceivable style of personal experience entails the potentiality for having FUN.
- Having FUN requires being receptive to transcendental meanings.
- Finding the FUN as a motivator in a difficult situation alters our "orienting mood".
- In order to have FUN one must place oneself in a state of readiness for fun.
- The material motivators for FUN are not always readily visible (some appear under or over-exposed), one must seek them out.
- FUN is known to play games of hide and seek deep within the appearances of irony, or things that seem unbelievable or unthinkable.
- Access to FUN requires a shift of coherence from every day forms of symbolic significance.
- The vision of FUN is entirely subjective, translated into significance by that which is enjoyed by the person imagining the fun.
- FUN may be indistinguishable from enchantment.