Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Funny Last Words



"I intend to live forever, or die trying."
~Groucho Marx, d. 1977

"I am about to - or I am going to - die: either expression is correct."
~Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian. d. 1702

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." 
~Francisco ("Pancho") Villa, d. 1923

"Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies."
(Attributed to) Voltaire, when asked by a priest to renounce Satan, d. 1778

"A truck!"
~Comedian Emo Phillips's grandfather.

"I owe Asclepius a rooster."
~Socrates, d. 399 BCE

"I desire to go to Hell and not to Heaven. In the former I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles." 
~Niccolò Machiavelli, d. 1527

"I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring.
~Richard Feynman, d. 1988





No comments: