Friday, December 9, 2011

Sophy's LOL Law of Humor



According to Robert R. Provine, laughter is the engine that drives positive physiological change. This change comes as a result of perceiving, conceptualizing, and then expressing or releasing this positive action. 

Sometimes we laugh at things that might hurt someone else's feelings, but maybe that's just because we haven't had to experience those lessons as part of our life's experience of growth and learning. 

I do not see laughter as hurtful, but I respect those who do not share my belief. This respect shapes the humor I share. 

I see laughter as a life-giving force that mirrors what another needs to see or hear in order to arrive to the place that follows pain - joy. 

If with a simple smile, giggle, or laugh we can remind someone that happiness is waiting for them at the end of their journey, then humor is inherently good and of tremendous value to us all. 

But like all thoughts, there are subjective. 

In honoring the highest good in myself and others, I consciously choose 'not' to share jokes that are hurtful in nature. I may miss a sarcasm or two because I'm not consciously looking for it. If I do, I apologize in advance and hope that before I am judged too harshly for any perceived incoherence, that I am instead allowed to be human in my discovery of the power inherent in positive humor. 

I'm exploring the positive power of humor not Sophyland. 

I'm a guide who paid my own entrance fee. I'm merely sharing my exploration for anyone interested in tuning in...

I hope you enjoy the pictures!















































No comments: