Saturday, August 15, 2026

AI 🤖 can’t write like this




Like everyone, I’ve explored the newfangled phenomena known as large language models. I’ve gone from exploring dual processing and recursive language to using it as a research assistant to even writing a few posts with the help of ai 🤖 never ai fully, mind you, but more like… “Hey Alden, tell me a few utilitarian jokes (and spoiler alert 🚨 they totally sucked!). Just like Alden’s art 🤢 

I’m not going to delete the ai-augmented jokes. I want to keep them here, labeled, so that I keep the record in HTTF’s repository. As a reminder that we can outsource and augment our thinking but then what is the fun in that. I take pride in the years of devout cultivation of my mind. It may be for not, it may be that whatever I learn, like my mentors before me, is recycled in universal mitigation of itself. But what a pleasure to think thoughts, to read and live and learn, and to transform those inputs into words and learning… if only for the pleasures cultural and intellectual edification bring. 

I say a machine can’t write like this, but just like the cursive writing exercise above, it can — if prompted correctly so, but because everything that has followed the cursive image of my own poetic words out into an ai image is indeed from one human mind. Typos, grammar errors, and … quirks galore … in fact, I’d rather say, “You’re stuck with me and what I’ve put into and extracted from my own mind” than write some negative promoting ai-sloppish nonsense. 

If you like nuances, as do I. If you like to hear words as they emerge or are conceived. If you like to play around with words and create new words from unique combinations of thought mixed with phrases, you’re in the right place. 

From this point forward, HTTF will have any and all ai work labeled. 

In the meantime here’s some facts: 

HTTF has a total of 1,400+ posts across the archive, ChatGPT dropped in November 2022, ~98% of the entire archive (1,397 posts) predate mainstream AI writing tools 🧰 written over a decade, with zero possibility of ai involvement. Only 72 posts (2023-2026) fall in a window where ai tools existed at all, and even those show the same voice, digressions, typos, and idiosyncratic capitalization And punctuation habits. 

So in other words, if you are a first time or a frequent visitor to my blog, it’s still me. One person exploring what makes people laugh by trying to make myself laugh first. Thinking about humor. Laughing about the serious nature of the world, and doing it publicly because I’m here, I’m alive, and I can. 

That’s a very human thing to do. 









No comments: