Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Spiritual Humor



While I personally think that the thoughts I've been sharing over the last few days are interesting to contemplate, I don't necessarily think that they're all that funny, wherein lies my dilemma of writing anything intelligent about humor that's actually funny to read (Wittenstein's Dare to write a serious philosophical work in the format of a joke).

If we demystify the issues in humor as to what's funny vs. what's not, we're left with something that could be defined as spiritual (not as far as I'm concerned, but you could say this, for example).

Through some meditative technique we could come to the same conclusion, namely that lightening up or rising above pain we release ourselves from the radical distortion of cognitive processing that seriousness induces whereby we can see the...


No comments: