- Making rash judgments
- Dissecting rash judgments and biases
- Wondering what's for lunch
- Reminding oneself that there's left-over Chinese food in the refrigerator
- Negotiating with a universal "get things done efficiently" clock: "I'll be extra productive as soon as I write this article."
- On occasion, but not today, wondering why she writes random articles
- Returning to Alphonse Brown's, Une ville de verre, to Elisee Reclus Island, discovered simultaneously by a French and American expedition, who each claimed it for their own country.
- Climbing up to Schrader Volcano, the highest peak on the Elisee Reclus Island.
- Using minerals and volcanic heat to blow glass in the fabrication of glass domes on lava columns, called Cristallopolis.
- Producing lightening from hot springs and steam-powered dynamos.
- Founding expeditions to visit Maurelville, the city of igloos.
- Trekking down the mountains behind Maurel City to the subterranean town, called New Maurel City, to try try and strike GOLD!
- Inventing telephone systems from recovered ocean wreckage, connected with aluminum found in the clay of the geysers and supported by pillars of lava, in the event the world finds useful a communications network made entirely from random parts.
In imaginary regions, Random Internet Fodder is called by different names:
- Travessa Time
- Daupine Delight
Even though Random Internet Fodder is found outside imaginary regions, in other places of the world RIF is a revered part of the culture, making up the landscape of intriguing societal discourse, such as that found lurking around after-dinner parties.
- food for the imagination
- sugar for warm beverages
- threads of reasons connecting random ideas at loin distances
- needles in haystacks
- comfortable shoes
- views from roof tops made from the leaves of the blue agave plant
- weapons to combat cynicism and indifference
- virtual paper
The Imaginary peoples learned to manifest Random Internet Fodder and then cook it and turn it into alcohol, honey, and vinegar. The margins on these product sales are considered healthy.
It became clear that some foreign power was at work and rumours spread of someone who could offer eternal entertainment to those who gave up their names and followed. Soph set out in search of the source of this entertainment, accompanied by Little Miss Fia, a direct descendent of Thisbe, le chien de la Reine.